IBEW, CWA, and Verizon have agreed to extend the existing Work at Home agreement, Home Garaging agreement, and Backup Childcare/Eldercare agreements related to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
These agreements will remain in effect through September 30, 2020.
To view the agreements, please see open the PDF File attached.Download: Work at Home Home garaging and Back Up Care June 2020.pdf
The new Wage Tables for June 2020 are attached in PDF Format in this article below. The new rates will be in effect Sunday June 21, 2020 and will be in paycheck dated Friday July 3, 2020. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Union Office at 508-947-2131.Download: Wage Tables June 2020.pdf
The New England Work and Family committee is pleased to announce a trial of reimbursement of online classes from June 1, 2020 until December 31, 2020. The program will reimburse monthly membership fees for in home online classes such as Peloton and for short term online classes such as a 10 class yoga pass. This reimbursement will not apply to equipment or food based programs.
As a reminder, the 2020 Health and Wellness is running for the whole year with a due date of postmarked application with supporting documents of December 31, 2020 and a total reimbursement of $400.00.
The IBEW and Verizon have reached agreements to extend earlier COVID-19 agreements which protect our members, while at the same time maintaining our network and providing service to our customers. The following agreements have been extended:
- COVID-19 Work at Home Agreement: This agreement has been extended through June 30, 2020.
- COVID-19 Home Garaging Agreement: This agreement has been extended through June 30, 2020.
- COVID-19 Backup Care Agreement: This agreement has been extended through June 30, 2020.
- COVID-19 Bonus Pay Agreement: This agreement has been extended to eligible employees who report to work and who either live or work in a jurisdiction that has a stay-in-place/shelter-in-place order or equivalent order in place. This agreement has been extended through June 30, 2020.
We will continue to keep you updated as things change. Please call the Union office with any questions or problems at 508-947-2131
The Monthly Unit Meetings for May will be cancelled due to the COVID-19 restrictions. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Union office at 508-947-2131.
Thank you and please be safe!!
How to Apply for a Covid-19 LOA
To apply for a Leave of Absence from a company computer, tablet or phone,
access the Covid-19 Resource Page on the VZ E-Web.
If you are unable to access the VZ E-Web use one the links below
- If you’ve been diagnosed with Covid-19 Click Here to apply for Leave
- If you or a household member has an underlying health condition Click Here to apply for Leave
*You will need these two forms for underlying condition: Form 1 Form 2
- If you have childcare or eldercare issues Click Here to apply for Leave of Absence
- If you are caring for a person diagnosed with Covid-19 Click Here to apply for Leave of Absence
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions that have been placed, the IBEW Local 2322 Benevolent Fund Committee is extending the deadline for all scholarship application submissions tentatively to July 31, 2020.
Thank You and please be safe and well!
The IBEW System Council T-6 worked through the weekend to negotiate bonuses for those members that are not able to work from home. The minimum payout will be $300 per week. This is a bonus so it will not be included in any overtime calculations. If you have any questions please call the Union office at 508-947-2131. As of now bonuses will be paid through the month of April with the possibility of extension if circumstances warrant. Please continue to work safely in the face of this public health emergency. Do not take any unnecessary risks with your health or the health of your family.
Fraternally,Download: Hazard pay agreement.pdf
Business Manager 2322